In this tutorial we explain to you how to be able to talk to our API and generate a Kazi competence report for a job profile.
Try out Kazi's API on the developer portal
To start off, you can try out Kazi's API on the developer portal and read about the basic concepts. Apart from the information provided on the Developer Portal every call is described in the dedicated API section.
Switch to production
Once you're ready to switch to production, get your client credentials and subscription key so you can talk to our API in production. Any issues at this point might be solved by looking at the 'Troubleshooting' section.
Learn about the Kazi assessment flow
The easiest way to get to know the Kazi assessment flow is to experience it yourself in our demo. In addition to this we provide you with some background information about how the Kazi assessment works here.
Generate a profile competence report
Here are the steps (along with the calls needed) for generating a profile competence report:
- Get profile questions with answer options : Retrieve the questions with answer options and present them to the profiler in the order determined by the field 'priority'. It is vital that all questions are answered for the profile. If not, the profile's competences cannot be calculated. The questions and answer options are static data so you should only use this call once when starting up your application.
- Add profile for current partner : Ask for the profile's personal details and register the profile in the database. Of course, you can also perform this step before the questions are answered for the profile.
- Put profile answers : Post the profile's answers by providing pairs of question id's and answer option id's. These id's were provided in the previous call 'Get profile questions with answer options'.
- Calculate competences for profile : Right now this is still a step which has to be triggered manually. It is not possible to get a competence report if the competences were not calculated for the profile.
- Get profile competence report : Obtain the top 2 work values and team roles for the profile. A description of the competences is included.
- Get user competence report url : Alternatively, you can get a link to the competence report, which is composed of the competenceReportUrl that is linked to your client and the profile's id.